THE CAR-O-LINER NAME
The very first Car-O-Liner® universal alignment bench and mechanical measuring system was launched in 1973 under the new company name Car-O-Liner®. Car-O-Liner's® name comes from a joining of "car of aligning" - Caroliner and "Karoliner" after Karl XII's (1654-1718) soldiers who were known for their offensive attacks. The fledgling Car-O-Liner adopted the blue and yellow of the Karoliner's uniforms and is to this day known as an aggressive leading competitor in the collision repair industry. The name Caroliner was changed with the growth of the export to the USA in the early 1980s due to the similarity to the states of North and South Carolina and became Car-O-Liner.
From 1976 to 2002 subsidiaries were opened in the USA, the UK and Germany. Car-O-Liner® was registered as a manufacturing company in 1987. Expansion continued to China and Thailand (2002) and India (2003). Car-O-Liner® is represented in nearly every country in the world.
Born a leader and continues to lead the Auto Body industry with high quality equipment that is OEM approved by nearly every car maker in the world.